|Ceda EI 5ae739d307
This prorgam downloads a new image from Unsplash. It checks whether the screen was locked every 5 minutes. In case of no Internet, it retries every 1 minute and displays the previous picture untill a new one is downloaded. The script allows to filter random images based on your choices.
- jq - Needed for parsing JSON.
- curl - Available in most software repositories. Also, most probably installed already.
- Imagemagick - Specifically, the
- i3lock-color - Available in AUR (For Arch users). Fork of i3lock with more features. Do not use i3lock since this program utilizes the features of i3lock-color.
- bash - Most probably will be installed already.
Run the following commands
git clone https://github.com/Ceda-EI/i3lock-delta
Save your Unsplash
~/i3lock-delta/api_key. You can get the
applicationId from registering at Unsplash Developer.
- Check that the
~/i3lock-delta/download_daemon &to your startup applications. Also, run
~/i3lock-delta/download_daemon &to avoid rebooting.
- To lock the screen, run
~/i3lock-delta/lock. You can map this to your lock key combination.
The lock screen customization has been made easier using
- If the random background should be selected from certain topics, enter the topics in
~/.config/lock_preferenceswith one topic per line i.e. each line should contain only one topic.
- To insert your own Unsplash API Key, type/paste it in the
- To change the ring color/size or date/time color/style/size/font uncomment (remove the # at start) the corresponding line in
~/i3lock-delta/configand set the value after the
- To change the position of box drawn for the clock or the position of the text for photographer, edit