You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
The Long Night
Increase Bus Factor by providing ssh access to server.
How it works
- The server admin runs the installation and sets a password, ssh-key, number
of days to add the key after.
- The server admin gives the “bus factor” the password.
- In case of an incident, the “bus factor” visits the webpage and enters the
- If the correct password is entered, the server admin is notified via all the
configured backends that the correct password has been added.
- If the server admin doesn't wish the ssh-key to be added, they can login and
cancel-adding-key.sh in the installation directory.
- If the command is run within the configured number of days, then the key
is not added and everything returns back to normal and the server starts
listening for password again. No new setup is necessary.
- If the command is not run within the configured number of days, then the
ssh key is added.
- Clone the repository.
git clone https://gitlab.com/ceda_ei/the-long-night.git
- Install the dependencies
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Create a config file by running
gunicorn3 -b 127.0.0.1:5000 server:app. Change port if you want to run
gunicorn on a different port.
- Set up a reverse proxy from your webserver to